Timeless Corruption

the Cyborg 009 RP
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The Open Road

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: The Open Road   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:49 pm



"I believe if we take the right fork of the highway, we'll be in Leipzig shortly."

0014 kept her sunglasses and gloves on inside the car. She had packed her uniform into a black valise, safely sealed away in the trunk. Her space gun rested in the valise alongside the uniform, and a regular firearm sat in her purse. Better to be over-prepared.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:21 am

"All right, cool." Holly gently turned the car to the right, and it continued.

She sighed. The ride so far had been long and quiet. She was assuming the signal would be a good, familiar face, like C20 or C28, but the silence inflicted by 008 and 0014 had made her think otherwise. The tension was bothering her.
Wondering if she could break the silence--- or break through 0014's tough skin--- she pulled out the courage to ask her a question.
"Zero-zero fourteen-- I mean, if that's what you like being called--" numbers sounded so cruel to her. Her voice wavered as she continued. "I was wondering... do you mind if I ask you what you did... like, for a living... before you became- what you are today?" She stared into the depths of the windshield and continued to turn, following a sign that read LEIPZIG.


Last edited by BohemianRadio on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:57 am



0014 shot C21 an incredulous glance. But seeing the question was serious, she resumed staring out the window.

"I was a violinist." She adjusted the wristband of her glove. "A violinist at the La Scala opera house." She neglected to mention that she had since abandoned the instrument. Cyborgs and musicians could not coexist.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Holly laughed, but in a serious way. "Really?" she said. "I was a musician too... though I wouldn't say quite as... refined as that. Kind of orthodox, you know. Guitar and singing. My guitar is at your house, actually."
It was difficult having a conversation with 0014, she had to admit, but she was glad she had done so.
Finally, she pulled onto a road, much more heavily surrounded by buildings than the others they had recently traveled on. To their right, they passed a small gray sign-

LEIPZIG
wilkommen


"Here we are," Holly said, bringing back some of her energy. "See my GPS?" She pointed to the small screen above her dashboard. "It's specially designed to work with my laptop. So I was thinking... there's a USB cord in the glove compartment. Could you, uh... hook me up to it?" She glared determinedly at the road. "It's time to find this person-- whoever they are."


Last edited by BohemianRadio on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:26 pm



"There's nothing wrong with playing the guitar. There's some very lovely Andres Segovia written for it." 0014 reached into the glove compartment and pulled out the cord in question. "All right. Now, you'll have to tell me where the port is."

[I figure we'll post here until we run into the scenario going on in the Leipzig post.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:22 pm

((sounds good to me))

"Behind my left ear," she said, hitting the switch at the back of her skull and letting her bat ears rise.
She was surprised by 0014's warmness, and actually smiled. Maybe, she thought, Maybe there's a chance Miss Agnesi and I could be friends, after all.


Last edited by BohemianRadio on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:09 pm



0014 raised her eyebrow at the hybrid ears, but said nothing. She reached behind the left ear and connected it to the GPS system.

"Damn useful to be a cyborg sometimes," she commented idly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:36 am

Holly chuckled. "I guess so." Her eyes then flashed to the now lit GPS screen, which displayed the red dot, like before, only on a complex system of roads. The arrow which represented the car was very close to the point of interest.
Holly turned onto a side street, and parked the car near an alley. Tucking the keys in her pocket, she motioned for 0014 and 008 to get out. "It's in that marketplace block up there," said she, unhooking the GPS system and pointing at the opening of another street just up the road. "Just a short walk."
008 had fallen asleep and woke with a start at the cease of movement. "We're here?" He said, as if he never thought they'd get to the place. Rubbing his eyes, he tucked his blaster in the back waistband of his jeans, hidden by his shirttail. They got out and began their walk.



((now entering... Leipzig! Very Happy))


Last edited by BohemianRadio on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:02 pm

[Continuing this from what was in Leipzig.]

"It was left at the apartment." Most of what 0014 had had been left at the apartment after her kidnapping. She owned none of her original clothes, and had no idea where the Vespa was. She decided to keep this to herself.

"I could get another one if I cared to. But I have nowhere I'd want to go on it. I don't often leave my room."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:39 am

"Why is that?" Holly was constantly growing more curious about Miss Agnesi. She wiped off some more blood from 008 with the gauze. "Pyunma told me you guys-- well, the original nine-- were always traveling. You went around on a big, private ship, right? Or is that just too superhero-ish?" She lifted her head and gazed, a little sadly, through the windshield as they turned back onto the highway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:51 am



"That's all true. I've been on it." 0014 took one hand off the wheel. A surprising act of informality, especially from her. "The original one, that is. I heard it was sunk looking for some subterranean kingdom. We have a new one now." She shrugged. "I can't fathom why. All we have to do is sit at home and wait for the enemies to come to us."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:55 pm

"Hm." Subterranean kingdom. 008 had failed to mention that. It sounded like things with the cyborgs were going to get progressively more interesting. There was a silence. After a while, as the car turned onto the dirt road leading to the mansion, (and into a thick fog which was settling over the forest), Holly inquired,
"But aren't you guys worried that sooner or later Black Ghost will find you and, like, swarm you with super-advanced assassins?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm



"So far we seem to have gone against our original design. Who knows why." 0014 eyed the fog. She switched on her headlights. "The others call it teamwork. I call it using reason." She couldn't help but wonder why such thick weather had rolled in. This had not been on the weather forecast. The bare trees made ominous silhouettes against the pale fog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:51 am

A strange, worried feeling was beginning to churn in Holly's gut.

"Huh, well, it may be both." She tried to smile at Vesper, but the feeling made it look very fake. 008 was beginning to wake as the car approached the mansion's long driveway. He groaned quietly, and Holly gently patted his head and told him to sit tight. But although the mansion wasn't visible yet through the fog, something was different.

"I bet there are more of them," she said under her breath.



((Shall we post next in the courtyard? Or just go straight to the hallways or something??))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francoslavic-Banter

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 25
Location : Your immediate memory.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 pm



[Continued it in 'The Courtyard'.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
TimeFreezer

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2008-07-27
Age : 23
Location : In the south

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 pm

Jacob left his shirt unbuttoned as they walked down the road, "I am bored Erika, how about we play a game? You run while I try to kill you?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rikuofthelight.deviantart.com
IllusionFairy

avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-07-27
Age : 24
Location : In your mind, making you think.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:51 pm

"Even if I agreed to, you wouldn't win." She said, shooting a quick glance at him, "I could just accellerate away. And, if you don't quit threatening me, I'm going to force-feed you your pills." She paused for a moment, looking back at him again. "Button that up, will you? You look stupid."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yurikouchiha.deviantart.com
TimeFreezer

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2008-07-27
Age : 23
Location : In the south

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 pm

"Daww, fine!" Jacob sighed, "And no, the local kiddies don't seem to mind." he said nodding his head toward the two young girls waving at him. He smirked then looked at Erika, "So suck it!" he retorted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rikuofthelight.deviantart.com
IllusionFairy

avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-07-27
Age : 24
Location : In your mind, making you think.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:48 pm

"Well, I mind. I don't really want to be seen with some bloke that thinks he looks sexy just because he walks around with his shirt undone." She sighed, walking a bit farther infront of Jacob, "How long do you think it'll take us to get to Poland?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yurikouchiha.deviantart.com
cyborg_soldier000

avatar

Posts : 238
Join date : 2008-07-19
Age : 26
Location : being grounded DX

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:47 pm

"Quite awhile, if you plan to walk the whole way." Jenny answered as she jogged up behind them, having finally caught up to the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://changeling007.deviantart.com
IllusionFairy

avatar

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-07-27
Age : 24
Location : In your mind, making you think.

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 pm

Erika blinked, hearing the familiar voice. She turned around, "Why were you following us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yurikouchiha.deviantart.com
cyborg_soldier000

avatar

Posts : 238
Join date : 2008-07-19
Age : 26
Location : being grounded DX

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:46 am

"Following you? No. I'm coming with you. You don't really expect me to stay back there after our little conversation, do you?" Jenny looked at her like the answer was obvious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://changeling007.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2008-07-09
Location : World Town

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Holly's arms were starting to strain as she soared over the roads, Bonnie in arms. A group of three pedestrians caught her eye; one blonde, one brown-haired, and one with dark hair.
"Bonnie!" She whispered. "Look! There they are. Do you still have your blaster? We could do, like, an aerial attack."

Apprehension stirred in her gut. Are we really going to do this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeFreezer

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2008-07-27
Age : 23
Location : In the south

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:47 pm

"You know, Miss Pacer, psychos can hear very well....they are per say designed by the devil, so they can hear a child hiding in their closet with low breath so they won't get heard nor seen." Jacob said aloud, "Plus, your jets gave you away." he chuckled picking a rose from a nearby bush and smelling it. He grabbed Erika's arm and disappeared with her into a wooded area only to retun with two motorcycles, "Jenny, babe, your riding with me!" Jacob smirked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rikuofthelight.deviantart.com
MzUnderstood

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Bonnie's heart almost froze once she was in the air, she had never been this high. Nor, had she ever dreamed it would be this frightening.

Upon seeing the three, she noticed an unfamiliar face, that of Jacob.

"I-I think I do." She whispered at Holly, and she reached into her pocket to catch hold of it.

She froze again once she heard Jacob speak to Holly.

"Do you want me to fire?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mzunderstood.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Open Road   

Back to top Go down
 
The Open Road
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» OPEN EUROPE BULLETIN...........what"s going on with the fat cat MEP"s
» Cigarettes banned from open display
» Open letter to Trustees of Missing People Limited
» Open letter to Crimewatch
» OPEN LETTER TO THE MCCANNS

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Timeless Corruption :: Around the World :: Europe-
Jump to: